Shunti tambuli or Ginger tambli – detailed video instructions in Kannada.
Tambuli or tambli is part of our everyday meal. This flavored yogurts are prepared with different spices and vegetables. Eating this tambli/ flavored curd is healthy and helps in digesting our rest of the meal. Here in this recipe I am using ginger/shunti as main flavor along with healthy curry leaves. This helps to improve the digestion, reduces bloating and balances the pitta. The shunti tambli goes well with rice.
Ingredients for making shunti tambuli:
- 1 TBSP chopped ginger
- 1/2 cup grated coconut use warm water if you using frozen coconut
- 1/2 cup curd/yogurt
- 1 tsp ghee
- 10 to 15 curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds/jeera
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- Heat the pan, add 1/2 spoon ghee, pepper, and cumin seeds. Fry it for few seconds.
- Now add chopped ginger, curry leaves and fry for 3-4 minutes on medium low heat.
- You will get the nice aroma of ginger. Turn off the heat and add coconut, mix it. Allow it to cool.
- Once the mix is cooled down completely grind this along with salt, and yogurt to a fine paste. Transfer it to a bowl
- Heat 1/2 tsp ghee in a ladle on medium heat. Once it is hot enough add mustard seeds, once it pops add cumin seeds and turn off the heat. Add this to tambuli. Mist it and now the healthy shunti/ginger tambuli is ready to eat . Enjoy!