Zucchini raita recipe. Easy and tasty and healthy side dish for any rice dishes such as bisibele bhath, vangibhath or goes well with rotis, paratas as well. Try this easy yogurt based recipe during this summer season.
Zucchini is one of the summer squashes. It is a very low calorie vegetables, good source of dietary fiber. Also zucchini is a very good source of potassium.
Ingredients for making Zuccini raita:
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 to 1.5 cup plain curd/yogurt (whisk and keep it ready)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion(optional)
- 1 to 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil
- pinch of hing
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal / split black gram
- 2 green chillies (finely chopped)
- Wash and trim the ends, grate it and keep it ready( ~1 cup grated zucchini)
- Heat the oil in a pan on low heat, once the oil is hot add hing, mustard seeds
- After it sputters add jeera,then add urad dal and fry it until the dals turn golden brown.
- now add green chillies, as it changes the color add grated zucchini , increase the heat to medium high and fry it for 1/2 to 1 minute
- Turn off the heat and let it cool completely
- Add the cooled zucchini to curd/yogurt and add remaining ingredients as well. Mix it really well .
- Zucchini raita is ready to serve with any mixed rice, pulav, ....