Instant Upma Mix | Readymade Uppittu Mix | Rava Idli Mix
Instant Upma mix – ready made uppittu mix and Rava Idli mix is a two in one, very easy to make healthy readymade breakfast mix to prepare a healthy breakfast.
You can prepare this Instant mix and store it in the refrigerator to use when you are in a hurry. If you are carrying rice cooker while you travel this is one of the travel foods. Other travel foods are Puliyogare Gojju, Gojjavalakki,
Ingredients for instant Upma Mix:
- 2 cup local rave/medium rave/coarse sooji
- 6 to 7 tablespoon oil
- 4 tsp urad dal and 2 tsp chana dal( you can add more or less)
- 25 to 40 curry leaves
- 2 to 6 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 8 to 16 chopped green chillies
- 2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 25 to 30 cashews(optional)
- Heat the thick bottom pan on medium heat and dry roast the rava until the raw smell disappears and turns little golden color.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the roasted rava to another bowl and allow it to cool
- Now heat the oil in thick bottom pan, once hot add mustard seeds , once it pops add chana dal and urad dal along with cashews
- Fry it until the dals turn golden brown
- now add chopped green chillies, fry it until it becomes little crisp, then add curry leaves, chopped coriander leaves, fry it until the water evaporates.
- add roasted rava, fry it on medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes, until rava becomes crunchy, add salt.
- Turn off the heat. Let it cool completely, then store it in the refrigerator.
TO PREPARE UPMA:
- 1 cup instant mix
- 2.5 to 3 cups water
- Boil the water, add the mix to the boiling water. Mix it well, cook it for 5 minutes on medium low heat. If you want, add fresh coconut. Upma is ready. Eat it when it is hot.
- You can add mixed vegetables as well.
TO PREPARE IDLI USING INSTANT RAVA IDLI MIX:
- 1 cup of prepared instant mix
- 1¾ to 2 cups of yogurt
- Mix the instant mix and yogurt together. Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Grease the idli plate, put this batter and steam cook for 5 to 9 minutes. Eat the hot idlis with chutney or sagu.