Pani Puri Recipe | How to make Pani | Mysore street chaat
Pani puri is one the most popular street foods. The Pani (pani means water ) we prepare for this Pani puri is very digestive and healthy drink. Whenever you feel bloated or having indigestion problem you can dilute and drink the Pani. The fillings for the poori can be Masal puri masala, or boiled potatoes, or you can use cooked mung beans, cooked garbanzo beans too… Here is the recipe to mouthwatering Pani Puri!
To make another popular bangalore mysore chaat masalapuri click here
It has all the healthy ingredients. Few benefits of the ingredients are listed below.
For indigestion ( you can chew on few leaves or make tea and drink)
Keeps the body cool (good to add few leaves while juicing in summertime)
For good dental hygiene and more
Source of fiber, manganese and iron
Helps cure mouth ulcer and more
Keep the body balanced
Again good for digestion
Good source of minerals – copper,iron,magnesium and potassium
Immunity booster and more
To make the Pani:
- 1 big bunch of Mint leaves
- ½ cup cilantro/coriander leaves
- ½ tsp black salt
- 1 to 1 ½ inch fresh ginger
- ¾ tsp Jeera/cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Small key lime size tamarind (soak in water)
- ½ tsp to ¾ tsp salt
- 1 green chilli
- 1 tbsp jaggery
- 2 to 3 cups water
To Make the Pani Puri:
- Masalpuri Masala
- Mix of finely chopped onion, grated carrot, and finely chopped cilantro
- Sweet Chutney(tamarind and Dates)
- Grind all the ingredients in a mixer to a fine paste. Add enough water to grind it.
- Make sure to remove seeds from tamarind.
- Transfer it to a big bowl or pan. Add water(around 2 cup pani)
- Mix it and taste it. Depending on the taste of the pani(too spicy, too strong ) you can add more water, tamarind or jaggery or salt.
- Now the pani is ready. Refrigerate for 4 to 5 hours or keep it aside for that much time.
To make Pani Puri:
- Tap the puri to make a whole.
- Put 1 or 2 tsp of masalpuri masala
- Put little sweet chutney and chopped onion,carrot and cilantro mix
- Pour a TBSP or More pani and eat the whole Puri
- Repeat the same procedure
- Enjoy the healthy and addictive Pani puri with family and friends.