Flaxseeds and Sesame seeds chutney powder is easy to make and very nutritious, healthy side dish for our breakfasts like dosa, idli, rotti, sprinkle it on bread toast, and with hot steamed rice. With the right amount of flaxseeds and lentils the taste is just super 🙂
Flaxseeds have the highest amount of lignans – up to 800 times any other plant – which are cancer fighting compounds. Flaxseed is high in fiber. Flaxseed helps fight constipation, inflammation. Flax seed contains high levels of omega 3 fatty acids, which are vital for healthy hearts. This is the best source of Omega 3 in vegetarian diet.
Sesame seeds are very good source of calcium and Zinc which promotes good bone health. Helps in lowering cholesterol, iron rich and promotes heart health too.
Here is the recipe to very tasty, nutritious Flaxseed and sesame chutney powder.
For other delicious Chutney pudi like Gurellu, horsegram, garlic and more…… CLICK HERE ON CHUTNEY POWDERS
Ingredients for making flaxseed and sesame seeds chutney powder :
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup channa dal
- ¼ cup urad dal
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup dried shredded coconut optional
- 15 to 18 dried byadgi red chillies wrinkled skin variety, if you are using other variety use around 8 to 10 chillies
- big lemon size tamarind
- 1 tablespoon Jaggery
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- pinch of asafetida/Hing
- 20 to 25 curry leaves
- Heat a thick bottom pan on medium low heat, dry roast the chana dal until it turns golden brown. it takes around 5 to 6 minutes,Transfer this to a bowl.
- Keep the pan back, now dry roast the urad dal, until it turns golden brown. Transfer this to a bowl.
- Increase the heat to medium and dry roast the flax seeds until it splutters, transfer it to the bowl.
- Now dry roast the sesame seeds until it splutters, transfer it to the bowl.
- Place the pan back, add oil, to the oil add hing, mustard seeds, after it splutters add curry leaves, fry it until the leaves becomes crisp.
- Add chillies, once the chillies are warm, add dried coconut, mix it turn off the heat, add the roasted ingredients, mix it and allow it to cool.
- Grind the mix along with tamarind, jaggery and salt to a coarse powder.
- transfer the chutney powder to the bowl, mix it well , chutney powder is ready.
- You can use this chutney with hot rice and a spoon of ghee or oil.
You can increase the amount of flaxseeds, curry leaves and also coconut.