Ondelaga Soppina Chutney | Nutritious Brahmi Chutney
Ondelaga soppina Chutney Recipe with detailed video instruction!
Ondelaga leaves are very beneficial to health when it is eaten raw. Brahmi or these ondelaga leaves boosts the immunity, improves memory and very good for lung health and nervous system as well. Also it is good for heart health, Here is what they call in different languages Hindi name: Bengsag, Brahmi , Bengali name: Thulkudi, Telugu name: Sarasvathy Aku, Tamil name: Vallari Kirai, Marati name: Karivan, Karivana Gujarathi name: Khanda Brahmi, Kannada name: Ondelaga soppu.
Here is the easy and tasty chutney recipe.
For Ondelaga tambuli recipe CLICK ON RECIPE for Thambli
Ingredients for making ondelaga soppina chutney:
- handful of ondelaga leaves
- 3/4 cup grated coconut
- 4 to 5 green chillies
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp salt or salt to taste
- juice of half lemon
- around 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- Heat ¼ tsp oil in a ladle on medium heat. Fry the urad dal until it turns golden brown, then add cut green chillies, once the chillies turns white turn off the heat.
- Grind ondelaga leaves along with fried chillies and dal, then add coconut, salt and water and grind it to coarse consistency. Transfer the chutney to a bowl
- Squeeze the lemon juice, mix it.
- Heat the ladle on medium heat, once hot add mustard seeds, once it pops add urad dal, fry it until the dals turn golden brown. Turn off the heat and add the seasoning to the chutney.
- Chutney is ready, eat it with rice, or any breakfast dishes