Balehannina muluka | Sweet banana Appam | banana muluka | Baalehannina muluka is easy recipe made with ripe with bananas, grated coconut, wheat flour, and jaggery,. This instant appam is prepared during navarathri and deepavali festivals. This banana mulka can be a breakfast or snack !
During dasara festival we have to make sweets everyday that is all nine days and offer to the god. Some of the must to do recipes includes this appam, and yereyappa.
Ingredients for making balehannina muluka:
- around 4 bananas
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (quantity depends on the banana pulp)
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 to 4 tbsp jaggery
- oil to fry the mulka
- Grind banana along with coconut, and jaggery to a fine paste and transfer it to a bowl
- Add wheat flour to this banana coconut paste and mix it well. Add cardamom powder, mix it well. The consistency of the batter should as shown
To Fry the Mulka:
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium low heat. once the oil is hot add little batter to the oil, it has to come up immediately
- Take around 1/2 tbsp batter, gently add this to the oil one by one(quantity depends on the amount of oil)
- Fry it until all sides turns golden brown by stirring
- Once the Mulkas turns golden brown all sides remove it and transfer it to the colander.
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining batter
- you can use rice flour or fine sooji/chiroti rave as well to make these mulka