Lemongrass tea Recipe | Majjige hullu kashaya | Lemongrass Kashaya Recipe.
NOTE: Lemongrass may not be safe for pregnant women.
Lemongrass helps prevent the growth of bacteria and yeast. Lemongrass also helps in relieving the pain and swelling, reduces fever, stimulates the uterus and menstrual flow, and has antioxidant properties as well.
lemongrass also known as barbed wire grass, silky heads, Cochin grass, Malabar grass, oily heads or fever grass, is a genus of Asian, African, Australian, and tropical island plants in the grass family.
Here is the simple kashaya or lemongrass tea recipe
Ingredients for making lemongrass tea recipe:
- 2 to 3 lemongrass/majjige hullu /ಮಜ್ಜಿಗೆ ಹುಲ್ಲು cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 tulasi leaves
- around 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- jaggery to taste
- 4 pepper
- 3/4 tsp lime/lemon juice
- 2 cups of water
- Boil the water
- Crush the pepper add this to the boiling water
- Crush the ginger and add
- Add jaggery, turmeric powder, tulasi leaves, and lemongrass pieces. Let it boil on low heat for few minutes
- After 3 to 4 minute – turn off the heat and then add lemon juice
- Mix it with a spoon and strain this kashaya/tea to a cup and drink hot .