Moong Dal Juice | Spilt Green Gram Juice Recipe
Moong dal Juice / Hesaru bele paanaka is best energy drink during hot summer days. As we know moong dal is very beneficial to keep the body cool, also it is protein rich and high fiber food.
Moong or split green gram is easy to digest ,
- ¼ cup Moong dal(ಹೆಸರು ಬೇಳೆ)
- ½ cup or little less Jaggery(ಬೆಲ್ಲ)
- ¼ cup coconut(ಕಾಯಿ ತುರಿ)
- 2 cardamom(ಏಲಕ್ಕಿ )
- Juice of half lemon/lime(ನಿಂಬೆ ರಸ)
- 3 to 3 ½ cup water (ನೀರು)
Yields 3 to 4 cups
Please watch video for tips and instructions in Kannada!
- Wash and soak the moong dal in 1½ cups of water for an hour.
- Once the dal is soaked, transfer half the water to a cup.Grind soaked dal, coconut,jaggery and cardamom in a mixer to fine paste adding half of the water used for soaking.
- Strain the mix using strainer. Put the pulp(extraction) back to the mixer jar and grind few more times by adding the water and straining it until you get the consistency of the juice. Discard the pulp.
- Finally, if you like squeeze some lemon juice and serve.
- Enjoy this healthy, delicious juice!
- If you want prepare green gram/whole moong juice, soak for at least 2 hours.