Wish you all happy Navarathri festival.
Kadale bele payasa | chana dal Payasa | is one of the easiest, delicious payasa we prepare during festival days. . . Navarathri is 10 days festival, we need a payasa recipe to prepare one each day. You can choose any one of these – Akki kadalebele payasa, gasagase payasa, hesaru bele payasa, shavige payasa, navanakki payasa, and many more for the festivals days or any special occasions.
This kadale bele payasa is easy to make and very very tasty. Try and enjoy
Ingredients for making kadale bele payasa:
- 1/4 cup kadale bele/split bengal gram/chana dal
- 1/2 cup jaggery
- 10 or more almonds
- you can use either almonds or poppy seeds or both
- 2 cardamom
- 1/2 cup fresh grated coconut
- 1/2 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 2.5 cup water
- Wash the bele/dal thoroughly and soak it in 1 cup of water for 3/4 or more hours
- Pressure to cook the soaked dal along with water on medium heat. Turn off the heat after 3 whistles.
- Grind almonds, cardamom and gasagase without adding water,
- then add coconut , and water. Grind it to a fine paste
- heat the ghee in a thick bottom pan on low heat, once the ghee is hot add chopped almonds, fry it for 30seconds, then add cashews.
- fry it until cashews are golden brown. add raisins, fry it until it puffs up then remove everything to a separate plate.
- Melt the jaggery with 1/4 cup water on medium heat.
- Strain the jaggery syrup to the pan. add some water as well
- add ground coconut- almond paste, add water to the jar, and add that as well. Mix it and add cooked chana dal.
- Mix it and let it boil on low heat for 10 minutes
- Make sure to stir in between.
- After 10 minutes on low heat – Payasa is ready. Turn off the heat. add fried nuts and raisins. Mix it and Serve
- If you like to add milk to this payasa, you can add after it cools down