Beetroot halwa recipe | Beetroot halva
Beetroot halwa is almost like carrot halwa with vibrant beet color and rich flavor. You should try this. Very tasty.
Beets are rich in Potassium, Manganese, Iron and copper. It also contains a lot of nitrates. Beets also contain Vitamin C and Vitamin B6. Here are the major health benefits of Beets.
Beets help to detoxify or cleanse the body
Beets contain boron, which is very well known for its aphrodisiac properties.
Drinking the beet juice helps to reduce blood pressure,
Beet Greens have more iron than spinach
Rich in Vitamin K. Along with Calcium, Vitamin K will help promote strength of our bones.
Pregnant women can get good relief for morning sickness.
Source of fiber.
- Wash and peel the beet root and grate it using a grater or food processor.
- Cut the nuts into small pieces and keep it ready.
- Heat a TBSP ghee in a thick bottom pan on medium heat. Fry the cashews, almonds until it turns golden brown. Add raisins and fry it until it puffs up. Transfer this to a separate plate and to the same ghee add the grated beetroot.
- Fry it until the raw smell disappears.
- Now add the milk. allow it to cook. Stir it in between.Once it starts boiling add sugar.Let it be on medium low heat
- Mix it. Stir this in between and keep scraping the sides too. Once the milk is 3/4 evaporated add the ghee. Keep stirring and cook it on low flame until the mix becomes dry.The milk should evaporate completely and it becomes more like cooked beetroot with the khova.
- Now turn off the heat and add fried cashews, almonds and raisins. Mix it well. Now the beetroot halwa is ready to serve.
- You can store this halwa for a week in the refrigerator.Enjoy the halva hot or cold.
My suggestion: use whole milk to get the authentic taste.