Tambuli or tambli is part of our everyday meal. This flavored yogurts are prepared with different spices and vegetables. Eating this tambli/ flavored curd is healthy and helps in digesting our rest of the meal. Here in this recipe we are using onion to make this tambuli. These tambuli will keep the body prakruthis in balance and tastes good too. Using yogurt /curd makes it more healthy. Try making different tambuli everyday and enjoy the benefits!
- 4 ಚಿಕ್ಕ ಈರುಳ್ಳಿಗಳು small onions
- 1/2 cup ಕಾಯಿತುರಿ fresh coconut
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup ಹುಳಿ ಮೊಸರು curd/yogurt
- 1/2 tsp ಜೀರಿಗೆ cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ಉಪ್ಪು salt
- 1/4 cup ನೀರು water
- 10 to 15 ಕರಿ ಮೆಣಸಿನ ಕಾಳು black pepper
- Cut the onions into small pieces.
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan. Once it is hot enough add pepper, fry it for few seconds and add cumin seeds. After few seconds add onions.
- Fry it until the raw smell disappears. Turn off the heat and add coconut. Allow it to cool.
- Grind the above mix along with salt to a fine paste. Finally add curd and pulse it for few times.
- Transfer it to a bowl. Mix it well. Add water if needed. Finally prepare the seasoning.
- Heat the remaining ghee in a ladle. Once it is hot enough add mustard seeds. Once the mustard seeds pops, add cumin seeds. Turn off the heat and add this to the Tambuli.
- Mix it well and now the delicious onion tambuli is ready to serve. Enjoy with rice or as raita.
ಮೊಸರಿನ ಬದಲಿಗೆ ನೀವು ಮಜ್ಜಿಗೆಯನ್ನು ಬಳಸಬಹುದು.
You can use butter milk instead of curd/yogurt.