Jackfruit Dosa is very flavorful, sweet dish of Malnad and coastal region of Karnataka. When jackfruit is in season you should try all the mouth watering dishes using this unique flavored fruit. Halasina hannina dose is like a sweet, snack, or breakfast dish .
Other recipes you can try with jackfruit are Jackfruit mulka , jackfruit idli/kadubu, and jackfruit payasa….
- 20 halasina thoLe/jackfruit (remove the seeds and keep it ready.
- ½ cup rice ( wash and soak in water)
- ¼ cup jaggery powder
- Little more than ¼ cup grated coconut
- ½ tsp Salt
- 3 cardamom
- Ghee or oil to make dosa
- Iron Skillet
- Was and soak the rice in water for minimum 2 hours.
- Drain some water to a cup and grind the soaked rice along with coconut, cardamom,salt, and jaggery to a fine paste. Add water if needed
- Transfer this to a bowl and grind the jackfruit separately to a fine paste.
- Add this to rice batter and mix it well. Keep it aside for 10 minutes to 1 hour.
To make the Dosa:
- Grease and Heat the tava on medium heat.
- Once it is hot enough (to check, sprinkle water on the tava, you should hear a strong sizzling sound), pour a ladle of dosa batter in the center. Spread the batter from the center in a circular motion to make a circle.
- Add the ghee/oil to the center and around the edges, and cover it with a lid.
- After a minute or so flip it to the other side using a turner and add little ghee, allow it to cook.
- Remove and repeat the same procedure with remaining batter.
- Eat the dosa with ghee, honey or joni bella/liquid jaggery.
- Reduce the heat every time you remove the dosa from the skillet and then increase it.
- Mix the batter every time you make Dosa.