Masala Dosa recipe with restaurant style red chutney.
Mysore masala dosa in well known breakfast in Karnataka. Not only it is in south Indian menu, you can see this world famous masala dosa in every Indian restaurants . Easy to make but needs time to soak and ferment. But it is worth waiting and trying it at home. Also, I am sharing the red chatni recipe here, it is from one of the family owned restaurant back in Mysore.
For Making Dosai Batter:(ದೋಸೆ ಹಿಟ್ಟು ತಯಾರಿಸಲು ಬೇಕಾಗುವ ಸಾಮಗ್ರಿಗಳು)
- 1.5 cups rice (I am usiing sona masuri rice)(ಅಕ್ಕಿ)
- 1 cup idli rice(ಇಡ್ಲಿ ಅಕ್ಕಿ)
- 1/2 cup urad dal(ಉದ್ದಿನ ಬೇಳೆ)
- 3 TBSP Thick poha/avalakki(ಗಟ್ಟಿ ಅವಲಕ್ಕಿ)
- 3 tsp salt(ಉಪ್ಪು)
- 2 TBSP toor dal/chana dal(ಕಡ್ಲೆ ಬೇಳೆ)
- 1 TBSP methi/fenugreek seeds(ಮೆಂತ್ಯ)
- 3.5 to 4 cups water(ನೀರು)
For Making Red Chutney:(ಕೆಂಪು ಚಟ್ನಿ)
- 6 to 8 Byadagi dried red chillies Soak this in 3/4 cup of water,( if you forget to soak you can use dried ones too )(ಬ್ಯಾಡಗಿ ಮೆಣಸಿನ ಕಾಯಿ)
- 3 garlic cloves (you can skip this, if you don’t eat Garlic)(ಬೆಳ್ಳುಳ್ಳಿ)
- marble size tamarind(ಹುಣಸೆ ಹಣ್ಣು)
- 3/4 tsp salt(ಉಪ್ಪು)
- 1/4 cup hurigadale/fried gram dal/pottu kadalai(ಹುರಿಗಡಲೆ)
- 3 TBSP fresh/frozen coconut(ಕಾಯಿ ತುರಿ)
- may need extra water to grind(ನೀರು)
Please Watch the Video for tips and detailed instructions:
For Making the Dosa batter:
- Wash and soak all the ingredients listed under “For Making Dosai Batter” except salt, in 3 to 4 cups of water overnight or for 6 hours.
- Grind it using a grinder or mixer to fine consistency. Add the water accordingly to get the right consistency.
- Transfer the batter to a big pan, cover it and keep it in a warm place to ferment. Allow it to ferment overnight or 8 to 10 hours.
- Once it is fermented, add salt mix it well. Now we have the mysore masala dosa batter ready.
How to make the Red chutney for dose:
- Grind all the ingredients listed under “For Making Red Chutney ” to a fine paste. Add just enough water to get the right consistency.( use the soaked water too ). We may need around 1/2 cup 3/4 cup of water.
- Transfer it to a bowl.
- Now the Red Chutney and Dosa Batter is ready.
Ready to make the Mysore masala Dosa? Please Click Here: