Methi Leaves Dosa or Fenugreek Dosa is very healthy easy to make breakfast. Along with the fact that no need to ferment this dosa/dosai batter no need for the side dishes too. Just eat as it is. It has the perfect blend spices, sweet, and sourness and a nice aroma from the methi leaves.
- 1 big bunch of methi leaves or
- 1.5 to 2 cups finely chopped methi leaves
- 1 cup rice
- 2 TBSP urad dal
- 2 TBSP channa dal
- 1 TBSP coriander seeds
- 1/2 TBSP cumin seeds/jeera
- 2 to 2.5 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen coconut
- 1 to 1.5 cup water
- 2 TBSP Jaggery
- 6 to 10 red chillies or
- 2 TBSP chilli powder
Also we need:
- Iron Skillet Preferably
- butter/oil/ghee to make the dOse
- Wash the rice, dals thoroughly and soak it in 1.5 cups of water overnight or 5 to 6 hours.
- Wash and chop the methi leaves.
- Grind soaked dal, rice, coconut, coriander seeds, red chillies and jeera to a fine paste. Add enough water.
- Now transfer the ground paste to a bowl, add salt, jaggery and chopped methi leaves and mix it really well. Add water if needed. The consisitency should be like regular dosa batter. Keep it for 30 minutes to an hour.
To Prepare the Dosa:
- Grease and heat the skillet/tava on a medium heat.
- Once the skillet is hot enough, spread little oil, take a ladle full of batter pour it onto the center of the tava and spread it to make a circle.
- Put some butter/oil/ghee. Cover it and cook it for a minute. After that flip the dose to the other side. Put some butter/oil/ghee, let it cook for a minutes. Then take the dose out and it is ready to eat.
- Repeat the same procedure to make more dosa.