Rave Dosa | Onion Rava Dosa | Rava Dosa Recipe
Rave dosa and onion Rava dosa is very popular menu in South indian restaurants. Dose/Dosa is always the favorite breakfast in South India. There are so many varieties of Dosas we can prepare – each one has its own taste and flavor. Rave Dosa is the one of the most popular variety we can find in the restaurants. This recipe is from a restaurant chef from my home town.
Variety Dosa recipes CLICK HERE
Ingredients for making Rave dosa:
- ¾ cup fine rava/sooji/semolina
- ¼ cup maida/all purpose flour
- ¼ cup rice flour
- ½ tsp jeera / cumin seeds
- 2 to 3 finely chopped green chillies
- 2 TBSP chopped cilantro / coriander leaves
- ½ tsp salt or salt to taste
- 2 ½ to 3 cups of water
FOR MAKING ONION RAVA DOSA:
- chopped onion
ALSO WE NEED:
- oil to make Dosa
- Mix all the flours along with salt and jeera.
- Then add chillies, cilantro and water ( only 2 ½ cups first ). Mix well so that there are no lumps.
- Keep it aside for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Then grease and heat the tava/skillet on medium heat.
- Once the skillet is hot, smear some oil again.
- Take a ladle of batter (mix the batter each time you make a dosa), and simply spread it all over the tava.
- Put some oil on it and cover it. Let it cook for 1 ½ to 2 minutes – This is very important, it has cook slowly in order to become a crispy dosa.
- Flip the dosa and let it cook for another minute. Then remove it from the skillet.
- Continue the procedure with remaining batter.
- Every time you make a dosa, remember to mix the batter and grease the skillet.
TO MAKE ONION RAVA DOSA:
- Grease the skillet and sprinkle cut onion on the hot tava.
- Spread the batter all over the onions.
- Put some oil, cover it, and let it cook for 1½ to 2 minutes.
- Flip it over and let it cook.
- With just one batter we have both onion and plain rava dosa ready.
- Serve this with Tomato Onion Chutney.
- YOU CAN ALSO USE BUTTER MILK OR A MIXTURE OF CURD AND WATER, INSTEAD OF JUST WATER. IF YOU DO THIS, THEN KEEPING IT ASIDE FOR 10 MINUTES SHOULD BE ENOUGH.