Rave Idli recipe :
Rave Idli is one of the most popular and easiest breakfasts. In restaurants and most of the rave Idli recipes you see on internet calls for Baking soda. For many people it causes bloating sensation and stomach irritation. You can avoid this soda completely and still enjoy the Rave Idli. Here we have the Idli Recipe without Soda.
ENjoy this hot rave idli with Coconut Chutney, Tomato Onion Chutney .. or saagu
- 1 cup Local Rave/Coarse Sooji
- 1½ cup yogurt/curd
- ½ cup grated carrot
- Chopped cilantro/coriander leaves
- 1 to 1¼ tsp salt
- 1½ to 2 TBSP oil
- ¼ tsp Mustard seeds
- 10 to 15 curry leaves
- 10 to 15 cashew pieces
- ½ TBSP chana dal
- 2 red chillies broken into small pieces
Yields 16 Idlis
Please watch the video for tips and detailed instructions
- Dry roast the rave on medium heat until the raw smell disappears, allow it to cool
- Heat the oil in a pan, once the oil is hot enough add mustard seeds,
- Once the mustard seeds pops add chana dal, cashews and fry it until the dal turns golden brown.
- Add curry leaves and red chillies and mix it and turn off the heat.
- Add the roasted rave to the above seasoning along with salt, chopped coriander leaves, ancd grated carrot, mix it well.
- Then pour the yogurt, mix it well, leave it for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Put the idli mix on idli plates.(no need to grease the idli plates)
- Place these idli stands in the cooker and steam cook it for 15 minutes on medium high heat.
- Then turn off the heat and allow it to cool for a minute – if you take out the idlis immediately they will stick to the plates.
- Then take out the idlis from the cooker and it is ready to eat.
- Idli’s will come out with a soft texture. Eat these hot idlis with chutney and ghee.
- Sour curds are better for this recipe,
- Amount of curd we use should be right enough to get the consistency of the mix which is like normal idli batter, make sure it is no too thick