Badam Burfi can prepared in many different ways. Traditionally we make the burfi with grinding the badam/Almonds with milk and takes about an hour to do it. I am making the burfi traditional way, though it takes long time to make, it tastes really good. It is worth all the effort.
Ingredients for badam burfi :
- 1 cup Almonds (ಬಾದಾಮಿ )
- 1½ to 2 cup Sugar(ಸಕ್ಕರೆ)
- 3 to 4 TBSP ghee(ತುಪ್ಪ)
- 3/4 cup milk(ಹಾಲು)
- ⅛ tsp Saffron(soak in milk)(ಕೇಸರಿ, ಹಾಲಲ್ಲಿ ನೆನಸಿಟ್ಟಿರಿ)
- 2 to 3 cup Water(ನೀರು)
Yields 35 to 40 pieces
Please watch the video for tips and instructions.
- Grease a plate with ghee and keep it ready.
- Boil the water and add almonds and turn off the heat. Leave it for 1 to 2 minutes and then drain the water.
- Then squeeze the almond and remove the skin and repeat for all almonds and keep it ready.
- Grind the de skinned almonds along with milk to a fine paste.
- Add this paste to a thick bottom pan, add sugar, add saffron soaked milk, 2 TBSP ghee and mix it well.
- Turn on the heat to medium low, keep stirring the mix to avoid burning.
- After 15 minutes add 1 to 2 TBSP ghee
- Keep on stirring until the sweet mix leaves the bottom of the pan.
- Transfer the mix onto the greased plate. Smear little ghee to a flat bottom cup, gently rub it on the mix.
- Once the mix cools down a little, cut it to a desired shape and size using a pizza cutter or with a knife.