Mavina Hannu Seekarane – detailed video recipe in Kannada. Seekarane / Rasayana is one of the easiest, tastiest sweet in the world. As most of the dishes this Rasayana can also be prepared in many different ways. Major difference between north and south Karnataka is, the use of coconut. Adding the coconut milk enhances the taste of the seekarane.
Milk reduces the heating effect of Mango. Rasayana will be good with Rasapoori Mango, but any moango will be fine.
Ingredients to make mavina hannu seekarane:
- 5 to 6 Mango
- ¼ cup Grated coconut
- 2 Cardamom
- 3 TBSP Jaggery
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup water( use as needed)
- Wash and cut or squeeze the mango to a big bowl.
- You can add the water to the peel and the seeds and extract all the pulp.
- Discard the peel and if you like you can either discard vaate(seeds) or put the seeds in the seekarane to eat along with seekarane and then discard. (As a kid I used o love this and my kids love to eat this way 🙂 )
- Grind coconut, cardamom, and jaggery along with little water to a fine paste.
- Add this to the Mango pulp.
- Add milk. Mix it well.