Mysore Style Gurellu/Huchellu Chutney Powder :
Gurellu/ huchellu are seeds with lots of health benefits especially urinary diseases. This gurellu chatnipudi is a north karnataka dish goes well with Jolada Rotti.
Ingredients for Mysore Style Gurellu/Huchellu Chutney Powder:
- ½ cup Gurellu/Huchchellu
- ¼ cup grated dry coconut
- 1½ TBSP Jaggery
- 6 to 8 byadagi red chillies
- Marble sized tamarind
- 1¼ tsp salt
- 10 to 15 curry leaves
- ½ tsp oil
- Heat the thick bottom pan on medium heat.
- Once it is hot enough, dry roast the gurellu until the popping sound subsides.
- Transfer gurellu to the bowl.
- To the same pan add ½ tsp oil.
- Roast the red chillies and curry leaves in the oil.
- Once the chillies becomes warm and the leaves are dried turn off the heat.
- To this add dry coconut, tamarind, and dry roasted gurellu. Let it cool.
- Once it has cooled completely, grind it along with the salt and jaggery into a moderately fine powder.
- Transfer this chutney powder to the pan, mix again.
Gurellu chutney powder is ready. Store it in airtight container.