Banana stem Raita or Baale dinsina mosaru bajji – video recipes with detailed instructions.
Banana plant or tree is like Kamadhenu. every part is used 🙂 green Plantain, banana, Banana stem – and the banana flower can be used.
Bale dindu is the best detoxifying food. This bale dindu is used in southern part of India- Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu..
Banana stem is rich source of fiber, potassium, Vitamins and it is diuretic. Regular use of this banana stem helps to detoxify the body, helps in weight loss, and prevent kidney stones.
What more we need, go buy the banana stem and start using it !
Here we have simple banana stem raita/ raytha/ mosaru bajji recipe.
How to prepare the Banana Stem before using it:
Remove or peel every layer of the stem( 2 to 3) until you get the center core. This is the one we should use.
Wash this and cut it into small circles (disks) while removing the fiber using the fingers . Finely chop these pieces.
To prevent the chopped stem becoming brown, either place it in buttermilk, or squeeze some lemon juice and mix it .
To remove the extra fiber, place this chopped stem in the water. Take a wooden stick, move it in a circular motion. All the remaining fiber will stick to the stick.
- 1 cup Finely chopped Banana stem / Bale dindu
- ½ cup curd/yogurt
- Chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp ghee
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp urad dal
- Few curry leaves
- After chopping the banana stem, heat the ghee in a ladle. Once hot add mustard seeds.
- Once the mustard seeds pops add urad dal. Fry it until the dal turns golden brown.
- Add chopped green chillies, add curry leaves and turn off the heat.
- Add this seasoning to the chopped banana stem. Add salt, add yogurt or mosaru along with the chopped cilantro.
- Mix it well. Now the Banana stem Mosaru Bajji or Raita is ready to serve.
- Use this mosaru bajji as side dish with mixed rice, bisi bele bath and even with rice.