Palak paneer is very popular side dish for chapathi, roti, naan …. . This is very simple dish with spinach and paneer( Indian cheese) with some regular masala/spice ingredients. Try this with roti.
How to make Paneer at home ? CLICK HERE ON PANEER
- handful of washed palak / spinach
- ¾ to 1 cup paneer cubes
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ to ¾ cup chopped onion
- 1 inch chopped ginger
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves
- 4 green chillies
- 1 tbsp milk cream
- 2 tbsp oil
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp salt or salt to taste
- around ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp jeera powder
- ¾ tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- water just enough to make the gravy
- ¼ red chilli powder
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, once hot add ¼ tsp jeera, ginger,green chillies, garlic, onion, then add tomatoes,
- Then add spinach, fry it until tomatoes and spinach is little cooked.
- Once the SPinach and tomatoes are little cooked, turn off the heat. Once cooled grind it to a fine paste
- Heat another 1 tbsp oil in pan on medium low heat, once hot add remaining 1/2 tsp jeera, turmeric powder, jeera powder, cumin powder and chili powder, fry it for few seconds and then add the masala, once it starts to boil add cream, salt and mix it well. Stir regularly to avoid burning.
- let it boil for 2 minutes
- Add paneer, and crumble some paneer and add, let it boil for a minute, turn off the heat
- Decorate with few more paneer cubes and cream.
- If you like you can add garam masala .