Goli Baje | Mangalore Bajji | Mangalore Bonda Recipe
Mangalore Bonda, popularly known as Goli Baje is very addictive,and utterly delicious snack. goli baje /mangalore bajji is very popular snack in Karnataka. It is not only popular around udupi mangalore region, every where in Karnataka.Very easy to make and simply super snack. Enjoy with coconut chatni.
- 1 cup maida/all purpose flour
- 1 to 1½ cup yogurt/curd
- Pinch of Baking Soda
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 to 1½ cup yogurt (use as needed)
- Oil to fry
- Finely chopped 1 inch ginger
- 2 to 3 finely chopped green chillies
- 2 to 3 TBSP chopped coriander leaves/cilantro
Please watch the video for tips and instructions in Kannada
- Take maida/ALP, salt, sugar, and baking soda in bowl, mix it well. Adding sugar helps in browning of the bondas.
- Add yogurt 1 cup first and then add little by little, beat the mix until you get the thick batter.
- If the batter is very watery, add little fine sooji or maida to get the desired consistency.
- Then add chopped ginger, cilantro, and green chillies, mix it well.
- Keep it aside for minimum 1 hour, but if you keep it for 3 to 6 hours it will be good.
- After the resting time, heat the oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot,(check by adding little batter, it has to come up immediately) add a TBSP of batter to the hot oil. Either use a TBSP scoop or by hand to drop the Bajji to the oil .Number of bonda you can make depends on the amount of oil.
- Fry it until the Bajji turns golden brown on all sides.
- Remove and transfer it onto a paper towel or perforated bowl.
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining Batter.
Enjoy this Mangalore bajji when it is hot with Chutney or just as it is :
- If you keep the batter for 6 to 8 hours, no need too baking soda.
- Instead of green chillies you can add pepper powder.
- Sour yogurt is recommended.