It is festival season now. Started with Bheemana amavasye where girls/women worship shiva as the light of life. Next comes Nagara panchami . And then the major festivals Gowri and Ganesha festivals. Every home is decorated with colorful rangoli and maavina torana.So much fun and wonderful to be there in India during these festival times. Following this Ganesh festival we have Navaraathri. We make varieties of dishes to offer to god. And chakli is one of them .
Chakli is irresistible snack loved by everyone irrespective of the age. Whether you prepare chakli to offer god or just to treat your family and friends as evening snack with hot chai/tea or coffee these chaklis are absolutely awesome.
This recipe here is instant chakli with available ingredients at home!
Chakli is one of the all time favorite snack.
- 1½ cup Rice flour
- ½ cup hurigadale hittu/Fried gram flour
- 3 teaspoon Ghee
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Little Hing
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 cup Water
- oil to fry
Also we need:
- Chakli press
- Keep a pan on low flame, just warm the rice flour. (may take 3 to 4 minutes) once the rice flour is warm enough switch off the stove.
- To this rice flour add fried gram flour, cumin seeds, cumin powder, salt, khara. Mix it. transfer this mix to the bowl, add hing, ghee mix it well.
- Add water little by little to the flour and mix it until you get the desired consistency.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame to deep fry the chakkali.
- Take half of the dough,thoroughly knead the dough
- Grease the plastic sheet and the chakli press. Place the dough in the chakli press
- Press it and make the chakli
- Once you finish doing the desired size chakli cut the end and join . Prepare 4 to 5 chakli and keep it ready.
- Once the oil is hot enough, carefully place the prepared chakli into the hot oil. After a minute flip the chakli to the other side using a perforated ladle. Fry it until chakli turns golden brown on both sides.
- Meanwhile prepare few chaklis ready for the next batch.
- Once it turns golden brown on both sides remove it using a ladle and transfer it on to a paper towel. Once these chakli/murukkus cooled completely, store them in the air tight container. Repeat the same procedure for the remaining dough.