Instant Rice Chakli | Instant Chakli Recipe | Festival Recipes
Instant Rice Chakli is very easy to make snack, and uses only rice flour as main ingredient. Any crunchy snacks are always addictive, hence making these snacks at home will be more healthier choice especially for kids, instead of bringing snacks like lays chips, kurkure or any other processed foods from stores, this instant rice chakli is the best alternate snack. And a best combination with the hot cup of coffee and chai/tea in the evening.
To make it gluten free snack you can skip the Hing/asafetida.
CLCIK HERE for more CHAKLI RECIPES
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup water
- 4 tsp ghee
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp salt/ salt to taste
- ¼ tsp chilly (jeerige menasu) powder OR
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- Little hing
- Oil to fry
Also we need: Chakli Press
Yields around 30 chakli
- Boil the water in a pan on medium heat , add ghee, salt .
- To this add rice flour, mix it well, and turn off the stove.
- Cover it and keep it aside for 15-20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes add hing, cumin seeds, sesame seeds, chilly powder to the dough, mix it well and knead the dough until you get the smooth dough.
- Grease the chakali mould and a plastic sheet/ banana leaf.
- Heat enough the oil in a pan to fry the chaklis on medium heat.
- Knead the dough again and fill it to the chakali mould , press it as to make chakli shape.
- Check oil by dropping a little dough, if dough came up immediately,
- Then gently put the prepared chaklis one by one to this hot oil. Number of chakli you can fry depends on the amount of oil you use for frying.
- Fry the chaklis both the sides until the chakli turns golden colour, remove this from the oil using a perforated ladle and transfer it onto a colander / paper towel .
- Repeat the same procedure make the chakli with the remaining dough.
Enjoy this chakli with hot cup of coffee or tea,.after cooling place it to a box, you can keep Once the chaklis are cooled completely, store it in an airtight container. You can keep it for 10 to 15 days, but I am sure nothing will be left to keep it for 15 days 🙂