Muchore Chakli / Moong murukku/Chakli whatever the name of this snack, it is simply crunchicious, all-time favorite snack. Muchore is made up of Moong Daal (Hesru bele). So can we call this Moong daal Chakli?… With hot cup of coffee, this is a hard to beat snack! In the Dasara/Navarathri season, this chakli is prepared for Bombe Baagina too.
Ingredients for making Muchore chakli:
- 1/2 cup Moong Dal
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 to 1-1/4 TBSP butter or ghee or oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup water
- Oil to fry
- Chakli Press
You can make around 25 to 30
Please watch the above video for detailed instructions.
- Keep a wok on a medium heat and dry roast the moong dal until it turns golden brown.Transfer it onto a plate, allow it to cool.
- Grind the roasted dal into a fine powder, sieve the powder only if necessary.
- Transfer the powder to a big bowl. Add rice flour, cumin seeds, salt and butter and mix everything thoroughly until the butter is incorporated with the flour.
- The consistency should be, when you take some flour in the hand and squeeze it, it should look like this. Don’t add too much fat.
- Add water little by little, mix it. Dough should be like the chapathi dough. Kneed the dough and keep it ready.
- For muchore we use3 star template, if you don’t have it you can use the single chakli template.
- Heat the oil in a wok on medium heat.
- Place the dough in the chakli press ,press it and make the chakli
- Once you finish doing the desired size chakli cut the end and join. Prepare 4 to 5 chakli and keep it ready.
- Once the oil is hot enough, carefully place the prepared chakli into the hot oil. Number of chakli/muchore depends on the size of the kadai and amount of oil you are using.
- After a minute flip the chakli to the other side using a perforated ladle. Fry it until chakli turns golden brown on both sides.
- Meanwhile prepare few chaklis ready for the next batch. Or you can prepare in the muchore shape also.
- Once it turns golden brown on both sides remove it using a ladle and transfer it on to a paper towel. Once these Muchore/chakli/murukkus cooled completely, store them in the air tight container.
- Repeat the same procedure until all the muchore dough is done. Here is the crunchy, flavorful Tea/Coffee time snack Muchore or Moong dal Chakli.