Onion Pakoda Recipe | Onion Bonda | Erulli Bonda
Onion Pakoda or onion Bonda is very popular and the easiest snack which can be prepared in a hurry. Onions are always will be in our pantry so as besan and rice flour. This crispy and spicy bonda will be the best combination with hot cup of tea or coffee in the evening especially on cold winter evenings. Here we are not using any soda for getting the crispy pakoras instead we are using more rice flour and ghee which gives the crispiest pakoda.
- 2 medium size onions
- ½ cup rice flour
- ¼ cup kadle hittu/besan flour
- ¼ tsp pepper powder
- ¼ tsp ajwain / om kaalu
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp jeera powder
- ¾ to 1 cup water
- Pinch of hing
- Oil to fry
- Cut the onion into long thin slices.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl without adding water first.
- Add water little by little until you get the thick dosa batter consistency.( i used ¾ cup water)
- Add the onion slices, mix it well
To fry the pakoda:
- Heat the oil in a wok/pan on medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot enough, to check drop a piece of onion from the mix, it has to come up, drop the mix . please watch the video for this demonstration .
- Flip to the other side after few seconds.
- Fry it until nirulli bonda turns golden brown on both side
- Remove it and transfer it onto a paper towel.
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining batter.