Rava Ganji for new moms – watch the video for detailed instructions .
Ganji is normally given to the new moms after the child birth, It is very important to give liquid food for 2 to 3 days since the body needs to come back to normal, new mom cannot digest the regular food. This same ganji will be given to the people down with fever, and cold.
This Ganji can be made with akki thari – cream of rice or godhi thari – cream of wheat that is sooji or upma rava.
We can make either sweet or salted ganji. Here is simple ganji recipe.
Ingredients for making rava Ganji:
- Rava ( you can use rice or wheat)
Ingredients for making 1 cup ganji:
- 1 to 2 tbsp roasted rava
- 3/4 cup water
- pinch of cardamom
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 to 1 tsp sugar(add according to your taste
For salt Ganji:
- 1 cup water
- 1 to 1.5 tbsp roasted rava
- pinch of turmeric
- little less than 1/4 tsp salt or salt to taste
- Dry roast the rava ( rice or wheat) until the it turns golden brown.
- to dry roast – heat the thick bottom pan on medium heat, roast around 1/2 to 1 cup of rava until it turns golden brown ( it may take 5 minutes). Turn off the heat and transfer it to a another plate, once it is cooled completely, store it in a airtight container
- Combine 1 to 1.5 tbsp roasted rava in 3/4 cup water and let it cook on medium heat(stir in between) it takes around 5 minutes.
- We can make the ganji using this completely or keep some of this cooked rava mix aside and use it later the same day.
- Add around 1/2 to 3/4 cup boiled milk, and let it boil for a minute. Then add sugar(to taste)turn off the heat, add cardamom and mix
- Drink this ganji just enough hot to comfort you.
- Add 1 tbsp roasted rava to 1 cup water, add pinch of salt and mix it. Let it cook(takes 5 minutes)
- Once the rava is cooked add salt, mix it and turn off the heat. drink it hot .
- It is essential to give liquid food while you have fever or not well enough digest the regular food. This rave ganji is easy to digest, easy to make and keeps you hydrated.