Antina Unde | Dry fruits laddu is prepared using dried fruits and nut. It is a very nutritious ladoo with dried fruits and nuts, and is considered a superfood for nursing mothers to regain nutrients. This is the best lunch box snack for the growing kids. And I can guarantee you this will be everyones favorite:) Antinunde is very easy to make and it is addictive 🙂
Ingredients for antina unde:
- 25 almonds
- 2 TBSP raisins
- 3 TBSP Edible gum / Antu (if it is big pieces crush into small pieces)
- 5 to 6 dried dates (broken into pieces)
- 1 TBSP Poppy seeds /Gasagase
- ½ cup shredded dry coconut
- ½ cup powdered jaggery
- 1 TBSP water
- 3 TBSP Ghee
- 1 to 2 TBSP water
- Yields around 12 to 15 ladoo.
- Dry roast the poppy seeds and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, fry almonds, raisins, and dates separately until they puffs up by adding little ghee each time.
- Transfer the fried fruits and nuts onto a paper towel. Allow it to cool.
- Grind it into a coarse powder.
- Now wipe the pan with a paper towel.
- Heat a little more ghee and fry the edible gum on a medium low heat.
- When you fry the gum, you’ll see that it puffs up much like popcorn.
- Fry it a little by little, and add ghee accordingly.
- Transfer the fried gums onto a paper towel.
- Now add the nut and dried fruit powder, roasted poppy seeds, and dried coconut in a big bowl. Mix well and keep it ready.
- AFTER FRYING ALL 3 TBSP OF THE EDIBLE GUM ¾ TO 1 TBSP GHEE WILL STILL BE LEFT.
TO MAKE THE JAGGERY SYRUP AND LADOO:
- Heat the remaining ghee (or ¾ tsp ghee if none is left) on a medium low heat.
- Add powdered jaggery and mix well.
- Let it melt and then add around TBSP water.
- Let the jaggery melt completely and start to boil.
- The syrup should reach a thread-like consistency. To test, take some syrup in a spoon, touch it with your index finger, and gently press your finger against your thumb. When you separate your fingers, it should be like a thread. You can also check by adding a drop of syrup into a bowl of water. The syrup should not dissolve.
- Once the syrup reaches this consistency, turn off the stove and pour it onto the prepared mix.
- Mix it with a spoon to begin, and once it is warm enough, grease your hand and mix well.
- Take around 2 TBSP of the mix and make small balls – make sure you do it while the mix is warm.
- For nursing mothers give this one Laddu in the morning with a cup of milk.