chakramuni soppina chutney pudi | ಚಕ್ರಮುನಿ ಸೊಪ್ಪಿನ ಚಟ್ನಿಪುಡಿ । vitamin leaves chutney powder.
Chakramuni is a multivitamin greens, especially rich in Vitamin B and E. This is the reason why these chakramuni leaves are also known as Vitamin leaves/greens. It is a very dark green plant, the leaves look more like curry leaves. You can use these greens to make sambar, parota, and chakramuni soppina chutney . Also we have a recipe for chakramuni tambuli as well.
Chakramuni soppu or it is popularly called multivitamin leaves or bp leaves as the name says it is multi vitamin greens .
This is especially very rich in Vitamin A. good for eyes and regulate blood pressure as well,
Try this tasty chutney powder recipe with rice and little oil, with rotti, rotis and more…
Ingredients chakramuni soppina chutney pudi:
- chakramuni soppu / vitamin plant leaves
- 5 cups or 5 handful of leaves (wash and dry it on clean towel)
- big lemon size tamarind(remove the seeds keep it ready)
- 1 tsp jeera / cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 cup uddina bele / urad dal / split black gram
- 1/2 tbsp salt or salt to taste
- 1 cup grated dry coconut (kobbari )
- 30 byadagi red chilies
- 1 tbsp powdered jaggery(optional)
- Roast the leaves on low heat until it becomes crisp
- then keep the pan back, add urad dal and chilies, dry roast
- transfer this to a plate
- Warm/roast the dried coconut, then turn off the heat. let it cool
- powder the chilies, dal first then
- to this coarse powder add tamarind, salt. powder it, then add
- jaggery, and roasted leaves. again powder it,,
- Finally, add dried coconut and grind it once.
- Now the chutney powder is ready. Once it is cooled completely, you can store the chutney pudi in an airtight container.