muskmelon juice | kharbuja juice | karbuja panaka
Easy to make juice for shivarathri is this muskmelon juice or karbuja panaka | karbooja panaka. Just add fruit pieces and water, blend it with some sweetener and serve.
As we are approaching summer days we see lots of seasonal fruits in the market. It is healthy to incorporate the seasonal fruits in our diet to keep the body cool and hydrated. Nature provides what is best for the season and we should follow nature. Musk melons are rich in Vitamin A, fiber, low glycemic index fruit, and low calorie fruit. Good for skin as well.
Try this juice in summer to keep the body cool and relaxed. In this juice recipe use of cardamom is optional. To retain the flavor of the muskmelon I have not added any flavor to the juice.
Other muskmelon / kharbuja recipe – kharbuja rasayana / muskmelon salad
Ingredients for muskmelon juice | kharbuja juice :
- 1 muskmelon / kharbuja
- or 2.5 cups of muskmelon pieces
- 3 tbsp jaggery powder( more or less depending on the sweetness of the fruit)
- around 2 cups of water
- Wash and cut the muskmelon into halves, peel the skin and scoop the seeds out
- Cut into cubes as shown
- Grind the cut fruit in a juice jar without adding water
- Then add jaggery (according to the taste) and water(desired consistency) and grind it again.
- Muskmelon juice is ready to serve ( cardamom powder/elakki is optional) to retain the flavor of muskmelon. I am not using cardamom.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- You can add few ice cubes