Basale Soppina Chutney | Malabar Spinach Chutney
Nutritionally rich Mangalore Spinach or malabar spinach or Basale soppina chutney recipe. These greens are good source of Vitamin A, B1, B2 B6 and iron, calcium .When you have mouth ulcers this is the one to chew on. This is the healing herb for the mouth ulcers. This Soppu has cooling effect on the body.
To have a balanced diet we have to include leafy green vegetables in our diet at least 3 to 4 times a week. Chutney is one of the easiest and tastiest way of incorporating lots of greens in the diet. Here is the simple easy recipe of Basale soppina chutney.
- Big bunch or 2 big hanful of malabar spinach / Basale Soppu
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 green chillies
- Marble size tamarind
- 1 tsp salt
- Wash and keep the leaves ready. Use tender stem.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Once hot add garlic, fry it until garlic turns golden brown.
- Break the green chillies and add, fry it.
- Add the soppu, fry it for 10 to 12 minutes on medium low heat and then turn off the heat.
- Once the mix is cooled completely grind it along with salt and tamarind to a fine paste.
- Simple yet delicious chutney is ready to serve.
- Eat the chutney with rice, rotti, chapathi …
- If you like you can add grated coconut while you grind.
- And you can give the seasoning too.