Menthe Hittina anna – Video recipe with tips and instructions.
Menthya hittu / menthe hittu is one of the versatile powder one should have in the kitchen. We already have the recipes using this menthya hittu – Bonda Soup, Menthya hittina gojju, here we have very simple, tasty, lunch box rice dish using the menthya hittu.
This is the simple rice dish – take desired amount of hot rice in a plate, put some ghee, and menthya hittu. Mix it, sprinkle salt to taste. Eat this rice with raw onion(if you like)
Other way you can make is oggarane anna. Here is the recipe like oggarane chitranna. This is vegan, and gluten free.
Check these recipes where we used menthya hittu –
How to make menthya hittu? CLICK HERE
Ingredients for making menthe hittina anna:
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 3 tbsp menthya hittu
- 3 to 4 tbsp grated coconut
- Salt to taste
- Finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1.5 to 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1.5 tsp urad dal
- ½ tsp chana dal
- 2 to 3 tbsp peanuts
- 1 red chilli
- Few curry leaves
- Heat the oil in a ladle or small pan on medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot enough add hing, mustard seeds. Once the mustard seeds pops add urad dal and chana dal mix along with peanuts. Fry it until the dal turns golden brown. Add red chilli, mix it and turn off the heat. Then add curry leaves.
- Add this seasoning to the cooked rice, add menthe hittu, grated coconut, chopped cilantro. Mix it well.
- Menthya hittu is already salted add salt to taste, mix it and menthya hittu anna is ready to eat. This is best for leftover rice or lunch box.