Happy sankranti to all our viewers
Bellada badami burfi recipe | almond burfi using jaggery | bellada badami burfi | almond jaggery burfi | vegan coconut almond burfi recipe
Usually almond burfi is made with sugar, in this recipe we have used jaggery as sugar substitute. In Fact I find this burfi more tastier than the sugar based almond burfi. Please do try this sweet and let us know how you liked it.
Other burfi recipes – BURFI RECIPES
ELLU BELLA RECIPE
SAKKARE ACHCHU RECIPE
Ingredients for bellada badami burfi:
- 1/2 cup badami / almonds
- 1 cup jaggery
- 1.5 cup fresh grated coconut
- 3 cardamoms
- 2 tbsp each – chopped cashews and almonds
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp coconut oil or ghee ( to grease the plate and to add to the burfi if needed)
- Grease the plate and keep it ready
- Boil 1 cup of water, add almonds, turn off the stove and cover it, keep it aside for an hour
- Then remove the skin and grind it along with cardamoms, Add water, and grind it to a fine paste
- Now add coconut and grind it to a coarse consistency
- Transfer it to a thick bottom pan along with jaggery
- Keep the pan on medium heat, mix it well. and stir it continuously until the jaggery melts.
- At this stage you can increase the heat, stir until it thickens
- Then decrease the heat, keep stirring and add coconut oil or ghee if needed
- Once it starts to form a ball add chopped nuts. mix it well
- At this stage turn off the heat and transfer the mix to a greased plate, grease the palm, spread evenly.
- Let it cool before you cut the burfi into desired shape and size.
- Grease the knife and cut