Badam milk prepared with Instant Badam powder mix is a very popular beverage in India that tastes amazing yet is healthy as well. Badam Milk powder mix contains only healthy dried fruits and nuts without artificial colors and flavors.
Usually we buy MTR brand instant badam mix, the same can be prepared at home with out any artificial colors or flavors. If you are using any store brought mix like Horlicks, boost or nutramul for kis,please do ttry this: The best natural energy drink with only natural ingredients like almonds, raisins, dates(uttutte) and cashews.
Almond (Badam) acts as a very good substitute for coconut. If you are a vegan, Almonds fill in most for the milk’s nutrition. Almonds contain lot of protein, calcium and vitamin B complex. It is very rich in Vitamin A, riboflavin and niacin (increases HDL and reduces triglycerides).
Saffron is very valuable spice with distinctive flavor with lots of health benefits. Saffron has Vitamin Bs . Improves blood circulation. Research shows saffron imroves vision, prevents muscular degeneration, and increases memory.
- 1 cup sugar can substitute with Turbinado sugar or brown sugar
- ½ cup almonds
- 2 tablespoon cashews
- 1 tablespoon pistachios
- 10 to 12 raisins
- 3 to 4 cardamom seeds
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon saffron
- For Winter You can add the following!
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp turmeric powder(Organic)
- 20 to 25 black pepper
- little less than 1/4 tsp dry ginger powder
- 2 cloves
- very small piece of cinnamon
- To make this tasty healthy badam milk powder put all the ingredients to the mixer and grind it until it becomes a fine powder.
- That is all. Now the powder is ready to use. Put one spoon of Badam milk mix to a cup of hot milk, mix it well and drink.
- Enjoy this Badam Milk hot or cold!
- You can use this Badam Mix while making Payasa