Neer Dosa Recipe | Neerdose | Akki Dosa
Dosa / Dose is the popular common breakfast item in typical south Indian Kitchen. It is prepared using many different ways and with different ingredients. Here we have the recipe of one of the varieties of dosas which is neer dosa, using rice. It is typical Malnad and coastal region breakfast. Neer Dosa is basically rice dosa. Since the batter is very thin, like water, it is called Neeru Dosa – neeru meaning water in Kannada. The good thing about this dosa is that there is no need to ferment the batter.
Here is the recipe to quick and easy breakfast Neer DOse!
- 2 cup rice soaked in 3 cups of water (wash and soak for 3 to 4 hours or overnight)
- ½ tbsp salt
- 4 to 5 cups water
- oil to make the dosa
- Grind the soaked rice into a fine paste with required amount of water. You can use mixer or wet grinder to grind. (you can use the same water which you used for soaking the rice)
- Add remaining water, ( until you get the required consistency, please watch video for this step) and mix well and make it a thin batter.
To make the Dosa:
- Grease the tawa and heat the skillet on medium high heat.
- Once the tawa is hot enough, put the oil generously on the tawa spread it with a spoon.
- Take a ladle of batter (mix the batter each time you make the dosa) and simply spread it all over the tava.
- Put oil on top and cover the lid. Let it cook for a minute.
- Once dose is done remove it from the tawa on to plate using a turner.
- To make another one, again put oil on the skillet and follow the same procedure.
- Eat this Dose with chutney, banana seekarane, or mango seekarane.