Easy to make Carrot Kheer or carrot payasa or Gajar kheer recipe. Here we have 2 easy recipes carrot milk and carrot Kheer or making carrot milk we don’t have to boil the carrot mix with milk. This si best summer drink for kids as well. Instead of giving readymade juice give this healthy carrot milk/ carrot payasam.
Ingredients for making Carrot Kheer:
- 3 medium size carrots( wash and peel the skin, then grate it)
- or around 1¼ cup grated carrot
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 10 to 12 raisins
- around 10 almonds for grinding
- 5 cashews (broken into small pieces)
- 3 or more tbsp sugar
- powder 2 cardamoms and keep it ready
- 2 to 3 cups of milk (1/2 lts to 3/4 lts)
- For carrot milk you need more milk and for kheer/payasa 1/2 lts is enough)
- Heat the ghee in pan on medium heat, once it is hot add broken cashews, after it turns light golden yellow add raisins, fry it until it puffs up.
- Keep the pan back on stove, add grated carrot and fry it until the raw smell disappears and carrots cooked. Turn off the heat and let it cool completely.
- Grind the carrot along with almonds and milk to a fine paste
- Transfer it to a pan, add enough milk to get to a right consistency, and sugar, mix it until the sugar dissolves.
- This is CARROT MILK, keep it in the refrigerate and Serve cold.
if you are making the carrot Payasa or kheer:
- turn on the heat to medium and let it boil for few minutes, if the kheer becomes thick add more milk.
- Finally add cardamom powder, mix it . turn off the heat and add the fried cashews and raisins.
- Carrot Payasa is ready to serve.