gadbad payasa is very ebay to make, and a quick sweet recipe for the festivals. This gadbad payasa is made with healthy ingredients such as almonds, coconut, jaggery with spices like cardamom and clove.
Try this pasaya for this navarathri festival !
Navaratri, a vibrant Hindu festival celebrated with great fervor, holds a special place in the hearts of millions around the world. This nine-night extravaganza, also known as “Navratri,” is a captivating blend of devotion, dance, and music. Marked by colorful traditional attire, rhythmic Garba and Dandiya dances, south indian classical dance celebrations in the temples, and delectable festive cuisine, Navaratri is a time for families and communities to come together in celebration.
During Navaratri, we honor the goddess Durga/ Devi, seeking her blessings for strength and prosperity. The festival’s significance lies in its cultural richness, as it showcases the diversity of Indian traditions.
check these navarathri festival /dasara festival recipes as well.
Happy navaratri/dasara to all our viewers!
- 2 tbsp rice (soak the rice for minimum 1/2 hr)
- 1/2 cup grated coconut (instead of coconut you can prepare coconut milk and add as well)
- 1/4 cup jaggery
- 15 almonds (or more)
- 1 cardamom
- 1 clove(lavanga)
- 1 tbsp cashews
- 1 tbsp raisins
- around 3 cup water
- Grind almonds along with cardamom and clove
- Then add coconut,soaked rice along with water to coarse consistency
- Take jaggery in a pan, add 1 cup water
- Let it boil, then add this ground coconut-rice mix
- Add enough water ( i have used around 3 cups of water altogether)
- Let the rice cook well
- Now gadbad payasa is ready. turn off the heat
- Add cashews and raisins( if you like – fry it in ghee and add)