ಕೆಸುವಿನ ದಂಟಿನ ಸಾಸಿವೆ
Kesuvina dantina sasive | colocasia stem yogurt curry | Colocasia stem vegan yogurt curry is a delicious and plant-based take on a classic South Asian dish. This curry features cooked tender colocasia stems in a luscious and dairy-free yogurt-based gravy. The creamy vegan yogurt brings a delightful tanginess to the curry, complementing the natural sweetness of the colocasia stems.
Colocasia stem, often referred to as elephant ear stem, is a nutritious and low-calorie vegetable that boasts a plethora of health benefits. Rich in dietary fiber, colocasia stem promotes digestive health by preventing constipation and supporting a healthy gut. Additionally, the stem is abundant in antioxidants, which can aid in reducing oxidative stress and lowering the risk of chronic diseases. This gluten-free and vegan-friendly ingredient is versatile in cooking, making it an excellent choice for those seeking weight loss or heart health support. Incorporating colocasia stem into your diet can be a delicious and nutritious way to boost overall well-being.
kesuvina dantu can be used in chutney as well .- kesuvina dantina gojju or chutney
Kesuvina soppu/ Kesuvina ele / taro leaf /colocasia leaves is pure malenadu/karavali region greens can be used to make many Authentic dishes like, patrode, Majjige huli and chutney. The roots are also edible and kesuvina gedde gojju is the tastiest dish using the roots.
- stems of colocasia leaves / kesuvina dantu
- 1/4 cup curd/yogurt ( I am using peanut curd /vegan curd)
- 1 tsp jaggery (optional)
- Salt to taste
- ½ tbsp coconut oil or any cooking oil
- 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 dried red chili
- 1/2 tsp urad dal / uddina bele
- few curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
- 2 green chilis(optional)
- 1/4 cup grated fresh coconut
- 1/4 cup water
- Wash, peel and cut the stems as shown in the video
- Grind coconut, 1/4 tsp mustard seeds and green chilies along with water to a fine paste
- Heat 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil /cooking oil in a pan on medium low heat.
- Once the oil is hot add mustard seeds, after it pops, add urad dal.
- fry it until the dal turns golden brown, add red chili, curry leaves, and cut colocasia stems, mix it.
- Cover it and cook it until it is well cooked. Then turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Once it is cooled completely, add jaggery, salt and curd. Mix it well.
- Sasive is ready to serve with rice, rotti, chapati ,,,,