Quinoa masala bhath recipe with detailed video instructions
If you are on quinoa diet or like to incorporate quinoa in your diet Quinoa Masala bhath is another tasty addition to your quinoa recipes list. DO try this tasty recipe .
In this video we have a recipe of simple tomato onion raita as well. This is Vegan pulav and gluten free as well. Best for lunch box. High protein and fiber dish.
If you are vegan use non dairy yogurt for the raita recipe.
Other quinoa recipes:
Quinoa asparagus bhath
Ingredients for making quinoa pulao:
- 1 cup quinoa (wash 2 to 3 times and keep it ready)
- 1.5 cup water
- 2.5 to 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 2 to 3 green chillies (finely chopped)
- 2 bay leaves / palav ele
- 3 cloves
- 1/2 tsp sompu /saunf / fennel seeds
- 2 inch cinnamon piece
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1.5 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 1/2 of medium size onion cut into thin slices
- 1 tomato ( chopped tomato)
- 1 small carrot(wash and peel then cut cut the carrot as shown)
- 20 to 25 beans (wash and cut into 1/2 inch long pieces)
- 1/4 cup fresh/frozen peas
- you can use any seasonal fresh beans like avarekai, togari kai….
- Heat the oil in a pan, once hot add jeera
- keep stirring and add bay leaves, cloves,somp, cinnamon pieces
- after few seconds add grated ginger ( if you want to add garlic add now )
- Then chopped green chillies, cut onion along with turmeric powder, red chilli powder and pepper powder, fry it for 30 to 40 seconds, then add cut tomato, fry it until the tomatoes are cooked well and leave the oil as shown in the video.
- Then add cut vegetables, mix well.
- Add washed quinoa, water along with salt. Mix it well and let it start to boil.
- Once it starts to boil cover the lid, turn off the heat after 2 whistles on medium heat
Tomato Onion raita recipe:
- 1 tomato(finely chopped)
- 1/4 onion(finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 to 1.5 cup curd / yogurt( soya curd or non dairy yogurt for vegans)
- pinch of sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt or salt to taste
- Once the cooker is cooled completely, mix the bhath once again, leave it for 5 to 8 minutes and then serve with raita.
- heat a tsp oil, once hot add 1/4 tsp mustard seeds. After it pops add chopped green chilli. Turn off the heat and add it to the raita
- You can make this bhath using basmati rice as well