Masala Idli | Idli with leftover Idli Batter
Masala Idli is super easy and tasty recipe, can be prepared with leftover idli Batter. By adding few items, the regular idli can be transformed into a whole new Breakfast item 🙂
Idli batter will get sour the next day. This is the quick and easy solution to left over batter.
Here I am giving the recipe for 2 to 2 ½ cups of Idli batter.
- 2 to 2½ cups Idli batter
- 2TBSP Finely chopped onions
- ½ tsp jeera
- ½ Chopped ginger
- 2 TBSP Chopped coriander leaves and
- 3 to 4 chopped curry leaves
- ½ TBSP chana dal(soak in water for an hour )
- ½ TBSP Moong dal (soak in water for an hour )
- 1 to 2 TBSP grated coconut
- Ghee or oil to grease the idli plate
- Little salt
Please Watch the video for tips and instructions in Kannada
- Drain the water from the dals.
- Add dals and all other ingredients to the idli batter.
- Sprinkle little salt and mix it well.
- Grease the idli plate and pour the idli batter to the plated
- Steam cook either by using the pressure cooker without weight or any idli maker for 13 to 14 minutes on medium high heat.
- Remove the idlis from plate and Enjoy with Coconut chutney, Sambar…