Cabbage Manchurian recipe is adopted from the Chinese cuisine to our taste. Here is this recipe I have not used any store bought sauce like soya sauce, tomato ketchup. Pure and simple!
This is 2 in 1 dish, you can just make cabbage pakora and eat or you can add the cabbage bonda/pakoda to oggarane/ Masala and enjoy as Manchurian! Kids friendly and perfect evening snack with a hot cup of coffee or Tea!
Ingredients for making Cabbage Manchurian:
To make the Cabbage Pakora/Bonda:
- 2 cups finely chopped cabbage(thoroughly wash and chop it)
- 3 to 4 TBSP maida/all purpose flour
- 3 to 4 TBSP corn flour
- ½ tsp jeera cumin seeds
- 1 to 1½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1½ tsp Chilli powder
- 1 to 1½ TBSP oil
- 3 to 4 Finely chopped green chillies
- 1 TBSP Chopped ginger
- 2 to 4 TBSP chopped coriander leaves
- ½ tsp jeera/ cumin seeds
- 1 big onion (Finely chopped)
- 3 medium size tomatoes (chopped)
- 5 to6 garlic cloves(minced)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ to 1 TBSP jaggery Powder
- More oil to fry cabbage Pakoda
Watch the video for tips and instructions in Kannada
To prepare Pakora:
- In a bowl mix washed cabbage(drain the water), maida flour, corn flour, jeera, salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder without adding any water, Keep it aside for few minutes so that the cabbage releases the water then mix again.
- Heat the oil in a wok on medium heat to fry the pakoras.
- Dip your hand in the water and take the prepared mix, drop little by little around 1 TBSP mix to the hot oil,
- fry it on both sides until the pakoda turns golden brown.
- Remove the Pakoda from the oil and transfer it onto a paper towel.
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining mix.
- You can enjoy this Cabbage Pakoda as it is or !
Prepare the Masala for Manchurian:
- Heat the 1½ tbsp oil in a pan on medium high heat, add jeera, ginger pieces, green chillies and add minced garlic.
- After 30 seconds add chopped onions, fry onions for a minute.
- Finally add tomatoes, fry this on high flame until it cooks, turn off the heat and add salt, jaggery and chopped coriander leaves, Mix it well.
- Now add the fried pakodas and mix it well.