Rava Paddu or Rave gundaponglu is instant easy to make morning breakfast dish. This particular popular South Indian breakfast dish has lots of names- Paddu, gundponglu,appe, paniyaram, guliappa and appam so on…And this can be prepared in many different ways too. This is very easy to make breakfast.
Interested in other Paddu recipe CLICK HERE,
- 1 1/2 cup chiroti rave / Fine rave
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1 tbsp chopped coconut pieces
- 4 to 6 finely chopped green chillies
- 1 to 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- water as needed
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Paddu pan
YIELDS AROUND 40 paddu.
- Take rave, salt, coconut pieces, carrot, chopped onion,coriander leaves and curd in a bowl. Mix it.
- Add enough water to get the dosa batter consistency. I added around ½ cup.
- Finally add soda, mix it, cover and keep it aside for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Now grease the paddu pan with generous amount of oil,(if it is cast iron pan) and heat it on medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot, pour the batter to each hole.
- Cover it and cook it for few minutes, then add few drops of oil to each and turn it over to cook the other side, it has to be golden brown on both sides.
- Once the paddu turns golden brown on both sides, remove it from the pan and transfer it to a plate.
- To make more paddu, follow the same procedure, don’t forget to put oil generously to the pan before you pour the batter(every time). Enjoy!