Sabudana Upma recipe with detailed video instruction.
Sabudana upma or Sabbakki uppittu or seeme akki uppittu is simple yet delicious breakfast or snack. Sabudana upma is a popular Maharashtrian dish. It is usually prepared on upavasa / fasting day. It is good for evening snack too.
Looking for rave uppittu: CLICK HERE
Ingredients for making sabudana Upma:
- 1 cup Sabbakki / seeme akki/ sabudana
- Enough water to soak the sabbakki
- 1/2 cup peanuts/ground nuts
- 1 medium size potato – cut into small cubes
- 10 to 15 curry leaves
- chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- lemon juice to taste
- 1 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- chopped green chillies 3 to 4
- Wash and drain the water from sabudana.
- add enough water to soak the sabudana, keep it aside for 1 hour.
- after 1 Hour.. drain the water, and then again keep it aside for 2 hours or more
- Dry roast the peanuts and remove the skin
- Grind it to a coarse powder and keep it ready,
- After 2 hours….( If sabbakki is not soaked well, (not soft) sprinkle some water and cover it and keep it for few more minutes.) Else..
- Heat the oil in a thick bottom pan, once hot add mustards seeds, once this pops add jeera, and green chillies, and curry leaves
- Reduce the heat, add cut potatoes, cover it and allow it to cook. Stir in between.
- Once the potatoes are cooked(it took around 5 minutes) add soaked sabudana, mix it well. add salt and mix it well.
- Cover it and cook it for 2 to 3 minutes on low heat
- Once the sabbakki is cooked well, add lemon juice, coconut and peanut powder, mix it well and turn off the heat
- sabbakki uppittu is ready to eat!