Akki kadalebele payasa is one of the easiest, delicious payasa. Rice and chana dal payasa is one of of the many payasa we prepare during festivals. You can choose any one of these – gasagase payasa, hesaru bele payasa, shavige payasa, navanakki payasa, and many more for the festivals days or any special occasions. Try this akki kadale bele payasa for the next festival and enjoy!
For Variety Payasa recipes CLICK HERE:
NOTE: For Vegan option use Coconut oil to fry the cashews and raisins.
Ingredients for making akki kadalebele payasa:
- 1/4 cup kadale bele / chana dal
- 2 tbsp rice
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup jaggery
- ¾ to 1 cup grated coconut and 3 to 4 cardamom ( if the coconut is frozen bring it to room temperature)
- 2¼ to 2.5 cup water
- 2 tsp – ghee,
- 1 tbsp raisins and
- 4 to 6 cashews
- Wash and pressure cook rice and chana dal with 1 cup of water on medium heat for 3 to 4 whistles. bele has to cook well
- Transfer the cooked bele and rice to a pan, let it boil on medium low heat
- Grind coconut along with cardamom and enough water to a fine paste. ( you can also strain the coconut milk discarding the pulp)
- Add the coconut milk to the cooked dal. allow it to boil for a minute or 2
- Clean the jaggery by melting adding 3 tbsp of water and strain this to the payasa .
- After adding jaggery syrup, allow it to boil on medium low heat for 6 to 8 minutes. Then turn off the heat.
- Heat 2 tsp ghee in a ladle, once hot add cashew pieces. after the cashew turn golden yellow, add raisins. Fry it until it puffs up. turn off the heat and add this to the Payasa.
- Rice and chana dal payasa is ready. Serve hot or cold- either way the payasa will be amazing.