Besan Ladoo | Besan Unde | Besan Laddu is very popular festive sweets of India. Very delicious and easy to make.
With nice aroma of roasted besan and ghee.. Nuts , everything just melts in the mouth.
to try other sweets recipes – CLICK SWEETS
- 1 cup besan flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cardamoms
- ½ cup ghee
- ½ cup grated dried coconut
- 6 almonds
- 8 cashews
- 10 to 15 raisins
Recipe yields 15 laddus.
- Please watch the video for detailed instruction
- keep the pan on low heat and dry roast the besan until the raw smell disappears and slightly changes its color.
- transfer it to a plate
- keep the pan back on the stove, dry roast the dry coconut until it turns golden brown, turn off the heat and then add this to the roasted besan or chana flour . Mix it well
- Add ghee to the besan mix and mix it, let it cool a bit
- fine Powder the sugar along with the cardamom
- Chop the nuts
- Heat 3 tsp ghee in a ladle, fry almonds, cashews and raisins, until the nuts turns golden brown and raisins puffs up.
- Add this to the besan mix.
- Once the besan mix is cooled completely, add powdered sugar . Mix it really well and make the desired sized unde / balls as shown in the video.
- Serve the laddu .
- Dried coconut is optional
- You can reduce amount of ghee
- You can reduce the sugar quantity by 2 to 4 TBSP