Broken wheat kesari bhath or godhi nucchina kesari bhath recipe with detailed video instructions. .
Kesari bhath is popular indian sweet made with Rava, or rice or wheat as well. Whether it is rava or rice or cracked wheat the other main ingredient here is saffron that is Kesari , hence the name kesari bhath. As a additional flavor we can fruits and make pineapple kesari, mango kesari….. Here in this recipe we are making broken wheat kesari bhath or godhi nucchina kesari bhath.
- 1 cup/cracked wheat / broken wheat / godi nucchu
- 1 to 1.5 cup sugar / jaggery
- 3 cup water
- 1 pinch of saffron soaked in milk
- 1/4 cup +2 tbsp ghee
- 1 to 2 tbsp raisins
- 10 almonds (broken into pieces)
- 10 cashews( broken into pieces)
- Wash and pressure cook cracked wheat with 3 cups of water on medium heat . Turn off the heat after 3 whistle. Allow it to cool
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a tick bottom heavy pan on medium low heat. Once the ghee is hot- add broken almonds, fry it for few seconds, add cashews, fry it, then add raisins, fry it until it puffs up. Transfer it onto a plate.
- Keep the pan back on the stove, and add cooked broken wheat to the pan. add sugar, mix it. and mix it in between as well
- As this kesaribhath thickens, add 1 tbsp ghee, mix it well. and keep stirring it . After a minute or so, add 1 more tbsp of ghee, add the soaked saffron milk,
- Add the soaked saffron milk, cardamom powder. mix it well . Now the cracked wheat kesaribhath is ready. ( if you are in doubt check for thread consistency as shown)
- Turn off the heat and add the fried raisins and nuts. Mix it. And Serve Hot Kesari bhath
- After it cools down completely the kesari bhath may becomes thick, if so reheat this and serve.