Dates Ladoo | Karjoora Unde | ಖರ್ಜೂರದ ಉಂಡೆ | karjurada unde – step by step video instructions:
Iron rich, healthy and after school snacks for kids Karjoora ladoo. Dried and raw Dates(kharjoora) Laddu in 10 minutes, very rich in iron and very tasty.
Best food for traveling, energy food while you hike.
Ingredients for Dates ladoo:
- 15 dried dates/uttutte(ಉತ್ತುತ್ತೆ/ಒಣ ಖರ್ಜೂರ
- 15 raw dates(kharjoora)
- 2 TBSP sugar(ಸಕ್ಕರೆ)
- ½ cup desiccated coconut(¼ cup for the laddu and the other half is to roll the laddu)(ಕೊಬ್ಬರಿಯ ಬಿಳಿ ತುರಿ,)
- 1 ½ to 2 TBSP Ghee(ತುಪ್ಪ)
- 8 Cashews(cut into small pieces)(ಗೋಡಂಬಿ ಚೂರುಗಳು)
- 8 Almonds(cut into small pieces)(ಬಾದಾಮಿ ಚೂರುಗಳು)
- 15 to 20 raisins(ಒಣ ದ್ರಾಕ್ಷಿ)
- ¼ tsp Cardamom powder(ಏಲಕ್ಕಿ ಪುಡಿ)
You can make around 10 to 12 laddu
Please watch the video for tips and instructions in Kannada,
- Remove the seeds from the dates and cut the dried dates into relatively small pieces and keep it ready
- Powder the Sugar and transfer it to a plate
- Then powder dried dates and Dates(coarse paste) separately, and transfer it to a plate
- Dry roast the grated coconut on medium low heat,until the raw smell disappears, transfer it to a plate
- Keep the pan back on stove and heat the ghee and fry almonds, cashews and raisins until the nuts turns golden brown, turn off the heat and allow it to cool.
- Then add half of the roasted dried coconut to this fried nuts, and just crush the remaining roasted coconut using you hand and keep it aside.
- To the nuts and coconut mix add powdered dates, and sugar. Mix it well.
- Take the desired amount of prepared mix and make the laddu/balls.
You can prepare only with uttutte or only with kharjUra too.