Mysore pak is a very popular rich sweet dish usually made out of lots of ghee and chana/kadle hittu. Over the time this sweet underwent lots of modifications, now Mysore pak can be prepared with refined oil or ghee and oil. Another modification is using hurigadale/fried gram dal/putani flour /hittu to make this sweet dish. This is very easy to make and super delicious, tastes more like real Mysore Pak using gram flour. Here is the recipe.
- ½ cup hurigadale/fried gram dal ( Powder it and keep it ready)
- 1 cup Sugar (Powder it and keep it ready)
- 1 cup refined oil + 1 to 2 TBSP ghee OR
- ½ cup melted ghee and ½ cup refined oil OR
- 1 cup melted ghee
- Around ½ cup water
- Grease the plate with ghee and keep it ready
Yield around 20 to 25 pieces:
Please watch video for tips and instructions to make MYSORE PAK in Kannada
- In a thick bottom pan take powdered sugar, add enough water to cover the sugar. Keep this pan on medium heat until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Reduce the heat and add powdered flour, mix it thoroughly (make sure there are no lumps)
- Now keep the flame to medium low, keep mixing.
- Once flour and the sugar mixed completely, add ¼ cup oil, keep mixing.
- Repeat the above step once this oil is completely mixed with sugar and flour mix.
- Repeat the above step almost 4 to 5 times until all the ghee/oil is done.
- Keep mixing the sweet mix, if you are using only oil add ghee at this time,keep mixing until you see layers and mix leaves the pan.
- Now pour this mysore pak mix onto the greased plate, spread it evenly.
- When it is warm cut this sweet into desired shape and size using a cutter or knife.
- Once it cools down completely, take the pieces and Enjoy!