Lemon Pickle Recipe with detailed video instruction:
Meals without pickle/uppina kaayi is something I cannot imagine. Mosaranna/curd rice with lemon/ nimbehannina uppinakayi is just out of this world! Nowadays we have so many option, buying from stores, buy from someone who makes at home or you can prepare at home. I always choose the last option, make at home 🙂 For the reason that, I know I am preparing for me, and for my family, so I prepare with love, with known clean ingredients!
Pickles are very easy to make at home. Here is the recipe to Lemon Pickle!
Ingredients for Lemon Pickle Recipe:
- 15 small lemons(ನಿಂಬೆಹಣ್ಣು)
- ¼ cup salt(ಉಪ್ಪು)
- ¼ cup red chilli powder(ಅಚ್ಚ ಖಾರದ ಪುಡಿ)
- 1 TBSP menthya/fenugreek seeds(ಮೆಂತ್ಯ)
- 1½ tsp turmeric powder(ಅರಿಶಿಣ)
- 1 TBSP oil(ಎಣ್ಣೆ)
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds(ಸಾಸಿವೆ)
- pinch of hing(ಇಂಗು)
- Please watch the above video for how to prepare Uppinakaayi
- After you wash the lemons dry it properly and
- use dry utensils